Tuesday, May 26, 2009

The Great Shepherd, Lord Jesus!


Our Lord Jesus, The Great Shepherd of the sheep


The Chief Shepherd says "I am the good shepherd. I know my own and my own know me...My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me.


I give them eternal life, and they will never perish, and no one shall snatch them out of my hand.
"



I remember this verse from the Bible, in the deepest moments of trouble in life. Those days I seeked Him, but He was not far away. I found Him cause He found me first! Alleluia! Alhamdulilah! Amen.

When I attended classes as a Gentile before, I was shocked to understand much about the statements made of the disbelievers. But when I did some research in the Bible, I realised God had a wonderful plan for all nations. His creation was meant for Him. He created us out of Love, not to be destroyed. Satan's plan was for destruction of mankind. How could people not see this clearly? When a claim was made that a God seemed so revengeful and punishing for sinners, did they not ponder on a God who is Loving to His children?

I am excited to know God the true way He was meant for us.

Remember the verse "All we, like sheep have gone astray; We have turned everyone to his own way; and the Lord has laid on him the inquity of us all - I am the good shepherd. The Good Shepherd lays down his life for the sheep.

"I will seek the lost, and I will bring back the strayed, and I will bind up the injured, and I will strengthen the weak"

"For you were straying like sheep, but have now returned to the Shepherd and the Overseer of souls"

Ezekiel 34:16 gives light in these:
As all men are in Adam's fall, we are lost, to ourselves, not knowing where we are, and how to get out of our conditions but only through the enlightenment of the Spirit of God, so shall we be preserved in Christ Jesus. Our Shepherd goes after our strayed souls, restores us, cause its impossible for the elect of God to be to be deceived.

Come verses to read and ponder on
Heb. 13:20
1 Pet. 5:4

John 10:14, 27, 28

Ps. 23:1-3
Isa. 53:6

John 10:11

1 Pet. 2:25


2 comments:

  1. Shalom to Shalom from His Sheep!

    Hehe... : ) Sounds funny. I'm so glad you posted on my blog. Thanks for giving this link to me.

    Let's be a light of encouragement to the rest of our brethren out there. To inspire them to get out of their comfort zone and boldly declare that Jesus is our wonderful Lord & Savior! He IS the Good Shepherd. He is OUR Good Shepherd. Praise the Lord.

    Shalom & God bless you richly,
    Emmanuel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Emmanuel!

    Shalom to you and your family.

    Was busy with work and life. But life is never fulfilled without the touch of my Lord Jesus!

    Yes, I agree that we shall guide our fellow brethren who seem to be lost towards this Light of Life.

    Jesus is the Good Shepherd and to all those who are lost, may we pray for their salvation despite their very limited mind in thinking deep.

    Shalom & God Bless you always
    Ebenezer

    ReplyDelete